Day to Day Relief Teachers
We welcome contact from any NZ registered teachers who would like to be added to our day-to-day relievers’ list. Kindly forward your details with contact numbers and preferred teaching level.
Closing Date: None
Contact Person: Ray Laurenson [email@example.com]
SBHS Cricket Coach – Summer Position (Southland)
Do you have a passion for cricket and an ability to inspire, motivate and encourage young people through sport?
Southland Boys’ High School are looking for a Player Coach or General Coach to foster the development of emerging young cricketing talent during the upcoming season.
Reporting to the Rector and in conjunction with the Head of Sport and Cricket Committee, the Player Coach or General Coach will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the SBHS Cricket Programme for the 2019-2020 season. The role will predominantly focus on hands on coaching of the SBHS 1st XI in the Premier Club Competition and across Interschool matches.
Qualifications & Experience
– Accredited Coach ideally to a NZC Development Coach (Level 1) or international equivalent (or working towards the achievement of this qualification), or high performance playing experience
– Currently an active high-level player
– Current driver licence
– Must be legally entitled to work in NZ
– Past involvement with high performing cricketers in early and late teenage years, including coaching at talent level
– Experience of the domestic game and knowledge of the requirements to be successful at this level as a player and coach
– Knowledge and commitment to aligning secondary school cricket to the needs of Southland Cricket talent programmes
– Passion for cricket
– Commitment to understand and live by SBHS values and culture
– Communicates effectively in small and large group environments
– Demonstrates honesty and integrity
– Shows initiative and can work unsupervised
– Flexible to working weekends and evenings
– Positive and enthusiastic attitude
This position is based in Invercargill and for the period of September 2019 – March 2020.
All enquiries to be directed to Peter Skelt (SBHS Director of Sports) firstname.lastname@example.org